Understanding Private Instruction
Private lessons offer the skater, regardless of age or skating level, the opportunity to work one-on-one with one of our professional coaches. Private lessons help the skater master difficult skills and prepare for participation in the competitive environment. Lesson dates, times, and frequency are set up between skater and coach. Private lessons are offered for a variety of skills including: basic skills, test preparation, competition participation, freestyle, moves in the field, ice dance, power skating, synchronized skating and ice hockey.
- The agreement you enter into with a coach for private instruction is between you and the coach of your choice for ongoing lessons.
- Please consult your current private lesson coach regarding his/her policy for cancelling and/or rescheduling of lessons.
- Make sure you and the lesson coach exchange all contact information.
- Contact your lesson coach directly to cancel your scheduled lesson. Skate Frederick and its staff are not responsible for parent/coach communications.
- Skate Frederick and its staff are not responsible for rescheduling private lessons.
Private lessons are taught during public sessions and during freestyle times. Freestyle sessions are scheduled in the afternoon and evenings before and after the public sessions. Lesson fees vary. In addition there is a charge for ice usage. All payments for ice time and private instructor fees must be paid for in the Pro Zone before the lesson begins. For questions, please call Kelly @ 301-662-7362 ext 16.
Booster lessons are a great way to boost your skater’s confidence. Lessons can be any length of time that the parent and the coach feel appropriate to meet the skater’s needs. Afterwards, if you would like to continue with private lessons, please discuss this with the coach.
Schedule a Booster Lesson if:
- Your skater needs some help to maintain progress in group lessons.
- Your skater is close to passing a particular Basic Skill class level but not quite there for the next session enrollment.
- Your skater is progressing faster than the rest of the group lesson class and can complete skill requirements early.
- Your skater would benefit from individual attention to a particular skill.
- You would like your skater to be evaluated prior to the first day of a group lesson session.
- Your first time skater is coming to a birthday party or skating event and would like instruction before the event.
“Our Coaches are second to none!”
We teach all disciplines of Figure Skating and Beginner Hockey.
If for any reason you feel a coaching change is in the best interest of your skater please follow the proper procedures listed:
- Discuss this possible change with your child. Make sure that he/she is comfortable with the changes you are about to make.
- Once the decision to change has been made, make sure that your account balance is paid in full with your current coach.
- Respect what the former coach has done for your skater.
- Before any lessons begin with the new coach, the new coach must confirm with the former coach that these steps have been followed.
- Switching coaches should not affect the skater’s relationship with other skaters or coaches.
- Respect what the former coach has done for you and your skating.
- Do not isolate or make an outcast of any skater who has switched from your coach to another coach.
- Do not encourage others to switch from their current coach.