Welcome to the Learn to Skate USA
Group Lesson Program!
Ice skating lessons are offered year-round at our dual rink facility.
NO LEARN TO SKATE CLASSES
will be held the week of
December 18-31 (Christmas and New Year’s)
All REFUNDS will be subject to a $20 ADMINISTRATIVE FEE
for any cancellations the week of classes starting and thereafter.
MAKE UP CLASSES ARE NOT AVAILABLE.
LIMITED SPACES FOR EACH CLASS LEVEL WILL BE OFFERED.
Register early to secure your spot.
All of Skate Frederick’s coaching staff have been competitive figure or ice dancing skaters. Each Coach must have all of the following:
- United States Figure Skating membership (USFS)
- Professional Skaters Association membership (PSA)
- Learn to Skate USA membership
- Continuing Education Requirements (CER)
- Safe Sport Training
- Background Check
REGISTER FOR CLASSES
- Online Registration: CLICK HERE
- By phone: (301) 662-7362
- In person at Skate Frederick’s Pro Zone
- Pre-registration is required for all classes. Classes fill quickly!
- 25 minute session once per week
- 5 minute question and answer session for parents with instructor at the end of each lesson
- Complementary rental skates for the lesson
- Complementary public session pass card for any public session to practice
- Student membership to Learn to Skate USA Skills Program
- Learn to Skate USA Skills Record Book with stickers and magazine
FIRST DAY OF CLASS
- Skaters should arrive 10 minutes prior to the start of class.
- Pick up skates (know your tennis shoe size) at Skate Rental.
- Instructors will give skaters their welcome packets.
PROPER SKATING ATTIRE
- Dress in thin layers
- Wear warm clothes (Nothing big and bulky-no ski suits, please)
- Gloves, not mittens
- One pair of thin socks- doubling up on socks or having them too thick may cause a blister
- Bike helmet required for 3, 4 & 5 year olds
- Figure skates-for the first time skater, these are easier to learn in because the long, flat blade provides more stability. If playing hockey is your goal, the switch to hockey skates may be made after a time of success with figure skates. Please consult your instructor.
OBJECTIVES OF LEARN TO SKATE USA
- Teach children and adults the fundamentals of ice skating while building confidence and skills through each lesson.
- Provide a progressive curriculum that ensures success from the first steps on the ice to the mastery of advanced skills.
- Promote the health and fitness benefits of ice skating.
- Equip each participant with the foundation necessary to reach their goal, whether it is recreational or competitive in nature.
Contact Kelly Orndorff, Skating Director, at [email protected] or 301-662-7362 ext. 16.